What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
1. Human intelligence itself is not really well understood. How would you define it?
2. At present, what activities are computers better at than humans? Which are humans better at than computers?
3. Human intelligence itself is not really well understood. How would you define it?
4. How does human intelligence differ from animal intelligence?
5. How would you define Artificial Intelligence or AI?
6. We have reached Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI). Name at least 5 examples where ANI is already impacting our lives.
7. Are computers just glorified adding-up machines or might they be capable of original thought?
8. For a computer to pass the Turing Test, a human must be unable to tell whether he or she is having a conversation with a computer or another human. How close do you think computers are to passing this test?
9. The objective of the Turing Test is to establish if a computer has real human-like intelligence. But if a computer were to pass the test, would it really have demonstrated this ability?
10. Computers get faster and better every year. Is it just a matter of time before they become more intelligent than humans?
11. Is consciousness uniquely human?
2. What harm could come from Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) and Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)?
3. Is it ethical to pursue ASI and AGI?
4. If a computer had real intelligence, should it be given the same rights and responsibilities as people? Would it be right to ever turn it off?
5. Should we be worried about computers becoming the dominant species on the planet? Would they remain our faithful servants, treat us as pets, or exterminate us like cockroaches?