Watch the movie Gringo Trails, This movie looks at destination development over decades to see how destinations change. Then answer the following questions:
1. How were the destinations discovered and who traveled there first?
2. How did that change over time?
3. What were the impacts on the destination with an increase in tourism? (Salt Lake in Bolivia, Koh Pangan, Thailand)
4. How did Bhutan handle tourism development differently ?
5. Look at the girl traveling to Timbukto. What made her want to go there? What is being portrayed in the camel ride to sleep in the dessert? Why did the locals choose to only take her to the back of the village ( hint think of sociocultural impacts we talked about and staging authenticity).
6. What are your general thoughts about the movie? Anything that surprised you?