Social Groups And Deviance
Social Groups and Deviance
Write an essay to this question:
1. Using what you have learned about groups, organizations, and bureaucracies, compare and contrast two different groups or organizations of which you are a member. Describe the two groups.
How do they differ in terms of leadership, membership, purpose, and activities?
What is your role in the group?
Provide an example and brief description of a social group in the news as well (within the last 3 months). Please include a link for the news piece but you are not required to provide a full citation.
Meet the following course objectives:
- Apply a sociological perspective to the social world.
- Analyze contemporary social issues using the sociological imagination and use sociological theories and concepts to analyze everyday life.
- Identify and describe bureaucracies and formal organizations.
- Describe deviance and social control from a sociological perspective.
- 350-400 words excluding references, APA style format and a minimum of 3 references