Recent Supreme Court Ruling
SOC 205 Society, Law and Government
1. Recent Supreme Court Rulings
Recent controversial Supreme Court Rulings have dominated the 24-hour news cycle. In this case study, you will review a recent judicial decision and determine its impact on society.
Using the Strayer University Online Library, research Supreme Court rulings made in the last five years.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
1. Write on one Supreme Court ruling that has impacted one of the following issues on society:
1. Citizenship rights for immigrants.
1. LGBTQIA+ rights.
1. Freedom of speech and religion.
1. Pro-life vs. reproductive rights sides.
1. Workplace discrimination.
. Summarize the recent Supreme Court Ruling of choice detailing the facts, and provide a high-level overview of the issue and overall ruling of the case.
. Describe the factors that led to the outcome of the ruling.
. Outline the effect the ruling had on law, precedent, and social policy.
. Review and provide additional ways these cases could be overturned in the future.
. Provide three quality sources—the textbook may be used as one reference source.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Refer to the SOC205 Library Guide for further resources.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
· Analyze judicial decision making and the impact of these decisions on law, precedent, and social policy.