QNT 351 FINAL EXAM /QNT 351 FINAL EXAM /QNT 351 FINAL EXAM
1. The National Center for Health Statistics reported that of every 883 deaths in recent years, 24 resulted from an automobile accident, 182 from cancer, and 333 from heart disease. Using the relative frequency approach, what is the probability that a particular death is due to an automobile accident?
A. 24/883 or 0.027
B. 539/883 or 0.610
C. 24/333 or 0.072
D. 182/883 or 0.206
2. Twenty randomly selected statistics students were given 15 multiple-choice questions and 15 open-ended questions, all on the same material. The professor was interested in determining on which type of questions the students scored higher. This experiment is an example of
A. a one sample test of means
B. a two sample test of means
C. a paired t-test
D. a test of proportions
3. The shape of any uniform probability distribution is
A. negatively skewed
B. positively skewed
D. bell shaped
4. What level of measurement is the number of auto accidents reported in a given month?
5. What type of variable is the number of robberies reported in your city?