QNT 275 FINAL EXAM NEW 2016 VERSION/QNT 275 FINAL EXAM NEW 2016 VERSION
1. What is the name of the variable that’s used to predict another variable?
Standard error of the estimate
Coefficient of determination
2. Professors at a local university earn an average salary of $80000 with a standard deviation of $6000. The salary distribution is approximately bell-shaped. What can be said about the percentage of salaries that are at least $74,000?
About 97.5 percent
About 84 percent
About 68 percent
About 95 percent
3. What type of relationship is indicated in the scatterplot?
A positive linear or curvilinear relationship
A negative curvilinear relationship
A negative linear relationship
4. The study of statistics can be defined as:
the art and science of getting information from data.
All of the answers
the language of data.
the study of collecting, analyzing, presenting, and interpreting data.
5. In the accompanying stem-and-leaf diagram the values in the stem and leaf portions represent 10s and 1s digits, respectively. The stem-and-leaf diagram shows that the distribution is ___________.
None of the answers