This assignment is worth 80 points toward your final grade. For this assignment, you must prepare a Project Charter for your Personal Project. It has to be a unique and my own project. Original. It can be a project already developed.
- Create a Project Charter for your Personal Project
- Your final deliverable should be either a MS WORD document or a .pdf file.
- Submit your document to the instructor via Canvas
The format and content of a Project Charter varies from organization to organization. Larger organizations have a PMO (Project Management Office.) Typically, the PMO dictates a standard format and content of key project deliverables, such as a Project Charter.
If you work for an organization that has a standard template for a Project Charter (or, perhaps they refer to it as a “Statement of Work”), feel free to use your organization’s format. Otherwise, please use the Project Charter template provided by your instructor.
The Project Charter should include the following sections:
- Description and Scope
- Background info on organization, history of the problem / business need
- Objectives – the solution to the need, success criteria
- Benefits of the solution
- Scope statement – major deliverables, specific out-of-scope items.
- Business case – is the project worth doing? Financial justification.
- Major milestones or events schedule
- Impact on other projects or systems
- Critical assumptions, and constraints
- Process for change control
- Identify Sponsor, Stakeholders, Project team Roles & responsibilities
- Other material resource needs
- Known risks at the outset
- Acceptance criteria – how will we know when it’s done and accepted by the
- Time and cost estimates – budget