Project – Lean Practice
In the next section of the course project you will be evaluating the lean practices discussed this week. Review your findings, organizational strategy, leadership style, and problem/solution results from last week and answer the following in a 1-2 page submission.
- Determine the best of the lean practices would fit into your organization and why?
- What tools and techniques of lean would be most effective for your organization and why? (Select two or more)
- Five-S workplace organization, Visual workplace systems, Layout, Standardized work (SW), Point of use storage (POUS), Batch size reduction, Quick changeover (QCO), Poka-yoke, Self-inspection, Automation, Pull systems/Kanban, Cellular and flow, Just-in-time (JIT), Total productive maintenance (TPM), Value stream mapping (VSM), Change management, Teamwork.
- Using the structure for quality improvement steps, describe how you would implement your lean practice strategy.
- Establish a quality council: (who, when, where, how often).
- Create a statement of responsibilities for your quality council.
- Establish the necessary infrastructure.
- Discuss the role that subcommittees or project improvement teams would play? Why would it be beneficial to have a team?
- Would you need quality managers or quality training programs?
- Would you need to develop any further structure improvement processes?