PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM PROPOSAL
ASSIGNMENT 2: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM PROPOSAL Due Week 6 and worth 190 points
In Assignment 1, you conducted a research analysis of the company and proposed strategic solutions to the CEO. As you continue your consulting role, the next task is to deliver a professional development program to the CEO of your chosen organization.
It is important that your program’s proposal be based on your research of emotional intelligence (EI) and specifically detail how a new incentive program, based on an EI management approach, will: ● Foster teamwork ● Strengthen interpersonal relationships ● Enhance communication ● Increase overall performance ● Benefit not only managers but the bottom-line
INSTRUCTIONS Following SWS standards, write a 5 to 7 page, double-spaced proposal that includes the following components:
1. EI and Motivation ○ Which of the EI building blocks would impact management’s ability to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction? ○ Based on your research on motivational theory, describe which motivational theory you would utilize to influence the members of the organization and aid in helping to resolve the issue. Provide examples to support your solution.
2. EI and Social Skills and Decision Making ○ Explain how the core concepts of emotional intelligence would enhance the decisionmaking efficacy of the management team.
3. Effective Teams ○ Describe the core attributes of an effective team and the strategies you would implement to develop team dynamics that will benefit the organization.
4. Reward Systems ○ Create an effective reward system for this organization based on how you want to resolve the organizational issue. Determine the strategies you would incorporate to motivate employees and influence behavior.
5. References and Citations ○ Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate two quality resources. ○ In-text citations are required when paraphrasing or quoting another source.
6. Formatting and Writing Standards ○ Formatting and writing standards are part of your grade. Align your formatting to the Strayer Writing Standards.
*Grading for this assignment will be based on the following criteria and evaluation standards: