Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: review Chapter 6
- Link (website): Reading and Understanding Scholarly Literature (Links to an external site.)
- Link (Word doc): Source Evaluation Worksheet (Download and save doc as “[your name] Annotated Bibliography”)
- Minimum of 5 scholarly sources (You may include sources you developed in Week 3 if they meet scholarly criteria).
You have arrived at the third part of the Course Project. By this week, you should have collected the sources that you need to support, with relevant evidence, the position you have taken on the issue you chose, and the three aspects of the issue you will write about. This week you will submit a thesis statement and an annotated bibliography of at least five sources that you will use in your paper.
Here is a brief breakdown of the project so that you can plan your time in the course:
Issue Review (both sides)
Thesis & Annotated Bibliography (both sides)
This week, you will submit a thesis statement and an annotated bibliography with evaluation of at least five (5) sources you intend to use in your final paper to support your claim. These are sources that provide evidence to support that your claim should be accepted by the reader. Scholarly sources are preferred and should be used where available; due to the nature of some of the topics, authoritative articles in very high quality substantive journals may also be acceptable.
Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to submit the annotated bibliography. Prepare a citation, annotation, and evaluation for each source.
Click on the following link for an example:
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 100-150 words per source for Part 1; 50-80 words per source for Part 2 (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page