Option #1: Case Study: Nortel Networks Corporation
Case study: Nortel Networks Corporation
Read the Case Study: Nortel Networks Corporation: Ethical Missteps. (Links to an external site.)
- After reading the case study, describe the ethical breach that was entered into by leadership at Nortel.
- Use the three components of the Fraud Triangle to evaluate the actions of the leadership.
- Describe how the tone at the top contributed to this fraudulent activity.
- How did the Audit Committee and Board fail in their responsibilities?
- Describe how various stakeholders (employees, stockholders, and the community) would have been affected by the actions of those in leadership.
- Your written paper should be 4-5 pages in length not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- If you need help formatting, writing, or doing research the CSU-Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.) can help!
Review the Module 5 Critical Thinking Rubric for full details on how you will be graded on this assignment.
Reference: Robinson, L. (2005) Nortel Networks Corporation: Ethical Missteps. Waterloo, Ontario, Canada: University of Waterloo. Retrieved from https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-for-accounting-ethics/sites/ca.centre-for-accounting-ethics/files/uploads/files/nortel_case.pdf