NURS 6630: Psychopharmalogical Approaches To Treat Psychopathology
As a psychiatric nurse practitioner, before you can recommend potential pharmacotherapeutics to address a patient’s condition or disorder, you must understand the basic function and structure of the neuron and central nervous system. For this Assignment, you will review and apply your understanding of neuroanatomy by addressing a set of short answer prompts.
· Review the Learning Resources for this week in preparation to complete this Assignment.
· Reflect on the basic function and structure of the neuron in relation to the central nervous system.
· Reflect on the inter-connectedness between neurons and the central nervous system, including the pathway and distribution of electrical impulses.
· Reflect on how neurons communicate with each other and review the concept of neuroplasticity.
Photo Credit: Getty Images/Science Photo Libra
Address the following Short Answer prompts for your Assignment. Be sure to include references to the Learning Resources for this week.
1. In 4 or 5 sentences, describe the anatomy of the basic unit of the nervous system, the neuron. Include each part of the neuron and a general overview of electrical impulse conduction, the pathway it travels, and the net result at the termination of the impulse. Be specific and provide examples.
2. Answer the following (listing is acceptable for these questions):
o What are the major components that make up the subcortical structures?
o Which component plays a role in learning, memory, and addiction?
o What are the two key neurotransmitters located in the nigra striatal region of the brain that play a major role in motor control?
3. In 3 or 4 sentences, explain how glia cells function in the central nervous system. Be specific and provide examples.
4. The synapse is an area between two neurons that allows for chemical communication. In 3 or 4 sentences, explain what part of the neurons are communicating with each other and in which direction does this communication occur? Be specific.
5. In 3–5 sentences, explain the concept of “neuroplasticity.” Be specific and provide examples.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. If we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency and level of study. If you want a cheap essay, place your order with as much time as possible. Our prices start from $11 per page.