Healthcare DB 1
Assignment Details (300 words, reference)
Reflecting on the focus and content of this course, what is an important challenge facing management of health care organizations today, and how would you go about addressing it? Explain.
Allocating health care resources has always posed a challenge and has been an endless topic of discussion throughout the industry. When resources are limited, equitable allocation becomes a major issue. Health care resources, whether human or monetary, are limited, regardless of whether the health care delivery system is a for-profit or not-for-profit. The demand for health care services far exceeds the supply, and this plays a major role in the actual allocation of resources.
The health care industry in the United States has historically viewed the allocation of resources in terms of material goods, often ignoring the human side of the equation. This selective approach is a business model approach, and it tends to conflict with the medical and social service approaches to resource allocation.
This course will cover a number of illuminating topics, such as the following:
- The U.S. health care economy
- Health care supply and demand
- Health care competition
- Health care’s effect on the economy
- Consumer patient pricing
After discovering the impact that health care policy has on resource allocation, you will have a better understanding of the forces and barriers that affect cost control, quality, and access improvements.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to do the following:
- Analyze and resolve problems related to health care services, delivery, and finance
- Classify and apply economic, financial, legal, organizational, political, and ethical theories and practices
- Execute and employ appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques to manage and allocate human, fiscal, technological, informational, and other important resources
- Compose and manage systems and processes to assess organizational performance for continuous improvement of quality, safety, and effectiveness
- Execute leadership in all levels of private and public health care policies, resource allocation, and priority setting