Group Project Report & Presentation
Using the example of Five Oaks in Dayton, Ohio, research how to initiate and present a plan to build defensible space into a mini-neighborhood. Use your community and propose Defensible Space Guidelines for the construction of public housing units for families with children. The proposal uses design principles and will include: Building Design, Security, Parking, Garbage and Refuse Storage, and Lighting.
Use information found at Creating Defensible Space
The following sections should be outlined as Headers in the paper.
• Introduction, thesis statement, overview, purpose
• Background, discuss history of topic
• Discussion, identify benefits, obstacles, innovations
• Conclusion, summarize the overall study, lessons learned
• References, minimum three references with citations in the body
Prepare a report to address all aspects of the assignment. This report should be no less than 10 pages of content. You need to include outside sources and properly cite and reference your sources. You must have at least 10 references, 5 of which must be scholarly peer-reviewed articles. In addition to the 10 pages of content, you will want a title page and a reference sheet. This report needs to be in proper APA format.