A field trip is an excellent way to apply learning objectives within the community. These experiences allow students to see how their classroom learning applies to the world around them. While a field trip can be beneficial to student learning, it does require thoughtful consideration.
For this assignment, you will plan a field trip that would allow students to apply content knowledge outside the classroom.
Your plan must include:
- Location of field trip. Cost per student/adult.
- Number of students/adults that would go on the field trip.
- Transportation options.
- Special offers from the field trip location.
- Lunch options.
- Description of services available for students with disabilities.
- Guidelines for chaperones.
- At least three learning objectives that will be met on the field trip.
- Activities in which the students will participate and how the activities support the learning objectives.
- Reflection/write up that the students would have to complete after the field trip.
- Permission letter for parents to sign.
Write a 250-500 word reflection on your process for planning a field trip. How difficult was it to find a field trip that supported your chosen learning objectives? Explain how the field trip was a way you promoted positive outcomes for young children. Describe how you will use this process in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.