1. What is a typical day like for an entry-level professional in your organization/profession?
Typical day for an entry-level professional is to visit shift start with the local tradesman, hear what is going on in the field. Then review and submit open submittals from the Trade Contractors to the Architect. Throughout the day, this entry-level professional should do periodic walks of the site checking for safety and quality installations. Finally, this person should deal with problems as they arise in the field and address with the architect via RFI.
2. Tell me about how you made the decisions in your career path—why you chose this field, why you took positions and left positions.
I chose this field as I had a Civil Engineering degree and wanted in the field experience instead of additional higher education. I have been with Gilbane ever since I interned with them.
3. What do you like best about your occupation? What do you like least?
The thing I like the most is the custom aspect, where we are always working on something new or interesting. What I like the least is that each new project has a learning curve for many new TCs which can be a hassle to continually bring them up to speed.
4. What does your company/industry look for in the people they hire?
Self-sufficient, willing to take on new responsibility, leave their computer and walks the field regularly, etc.
5. What activities, classes or other parts of your college experience best prepared you for your career?
CPM Logic, but in general engineering as a whole was good and important as it provided me with problem-solving abilities. I don’t use formulas anymore, but I do approach problems with an engineering mindset.
6. What is the best decision you made as an undergraduate with respect to your professional life? Is there anything you would do differently?
Maintaining a wide network that allows me to discuss with others. If anything I would have studied a little harder in school just for the pride aspect.
7. What skills and experience are most impressive in your field?
Problem-solving, communication, keeping a level head
8. What media outlets (blogs, magazines, newspapers, Twitter feeds, etc.) should I be reading or watching to be in the loop in the industry? What organizations and online groups do you recommend I belong to?
9. What do you think is the future outlook for your industry? What kinds of changes are taking place in this type of work?
I think there will be heavy infrastructure replacement work and a large sector of building envelope renovations.
10. Would you be willing to review my résumé and offer your opinion and advice?
Assignment title, date, your name, class information, name of professor, name of the institution
Concisely and smoothly introduces the subject, purpose, and scope of the summary
Includes a short biography of your mentor, including his/her college major, career path and details of his or her current position
Concisely and smoothly previews the report’s organizational structure
Describes answers to the questions and does not draw conclusions or offer opinions
Interprets results based on descriptive data offered by the interviewee in the results section, draws clear, well-reasoned conclusions about:
What you learned
How you will use this information
How you will continue to network in your field
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. If we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency and level of study. If you want a cheap essay, place your order with as much time as possible. Our prices start from $11 per page.