· Come up with a list (4) of television genres. Choose 2 from that list, and for each:
· Explain its purpose (What is it trying to do?)
· Describe its features and conventions (What kinds of things – images, character types, dialogue, etc. – recur that make it a recognizable genre?)
· Answer these questions:
1. What purpose does the genre serve?
2. To what audience is it directed?
3. How are the features and conventions adapted to the purpose and audience?
*Genre — a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, television, etc., characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.