Energy Balance (Due Feb 29th, at 2:59pm)
1- To support your work, use your course and text readings and use outside sources.
2- Cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Choose a “popular” diet to research and review. You can include The South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, etc. Thoroughly research this diet, using reputable sources including some that are not published by the creators of the diet you have chosen. Once you have researched the diet, answer the following:
- Describe the diet itself. For instance, what foods are included, are any foods prohibited, what is the macronutrient distribution, etc.
- What claims does the diet make? Are they sound? Why or why not?
- Use what you have learned in class up until this point to analyze the claims.
- Would you consider this a healthy diet overall? Why or why not? Consider possible drug interactions with components of the diet that are emphasized.
- Would this diet be appropriate for any certain populations (e g., athletes, elderly, etc.)? Would this diet be appropriate for all populations? Consider variables such as cost, cultural influences, and sustainability. Why or why not?
When searching the topic of diets on the internet, you will come across more false information than accurate information, so be sure and assess your sources’ reputability prior to using them to support your post.