Early one morning at work, CEO Alice Johnson asks if you have a moment to chat
Early one morning at work, CEO Alice Johnson asks if you have a moment to chat. I need your expertise and advice on a complicated situation for the company regarding an international hacking lawsuit. In her office, Alice explains that CyberTech is serving as the cyber forensics consultant for a law firm handling the suit from a 2015 hack of the Office of Personnel Management, OPM. The OPM hack compromised background information on millions of workers. In a related case Anomalous, a non-US gray hat hacking group suspected in the OPM breach case, is claiming that US-based Equation Set attempted to hack its facilities. So, we have a non-US and a US set of test hacker groups involved. With Anomalous, the non-US group, being a client plantiff in one case against Equation Set, the US group, and as a suspect in the OPM breach. But Alice then outlines why the case is problematic. Along with the OPM victims, CyberTech represents clients from some of the OPM breach suspect companies in unrelated cases, which could appear to be a conflict of interest. This could affect the way our company is perceived by others. We need to maintain our image as an unbiased cyber security consultant. Should CyberTech remain on both the OPM breach investigation and the overseas case at the same time? Or should we drop one of the cases? Apply your critical thinking and analytical skills to figure out what happened what we know and don’t know, and how the company might remedy this situation. I’d like a paper by the end of the week with your recommendations.
The paper should be no more than five double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page and references page(s). Organize the paper in accordance with your preparatory steps, using these subheadings:
1. Introduction – to include a thesis statement
1. Explanation of the Issue
1. Analysis of the Information
1. Consideration of Alternative Viewpoints and Conclusions
1. Conclusions and Recommendations
Here are some tips for success:
· Consider outside sources if they inform your case. However, stay on task.
· Use APA style for “in text” and reference citations. At this point, your citations should be error-free.
Consider these best practices for a paper:
· An effective introduction that grabs the reader’s attention and sets the tone and direction for the rest of the paper;
· Supporting paragraphs that move the reader from the general introduction to the more specific aspects of your analysis;
· Body paragraphs that provide support; and,
· A conclusion that leads to a natural close to what you have presented.