Discussion _Adapting To The Host Country
The ability to adapt to a new environment is very important for ag global manager/leader. Not only is it important for them, but also those closes to them that may be required to adapt to a new environment. Take the given scenario below:
You are an expatriate (with a spouse and a 6-year-old daughter) sent on assignment for one year to Hong Kong.
1. What should you do to prepare for departure?
2. What training should you or your family complete pre-departure?
3. What challenges will you face upon arrival?
4. What expectations do you have from your home and host country organization?
5. What are the do’s and don’t’s for an expat working in Hong Kong?
Support your answers with demonstrated practical examples and facts.