Answer TWO of the following three questions:
1. Watch this excerpt of episode 4 of “Broadway” The American Musical”:
Broadway Ep 4 part 1
- Discuss 2-3 of the innovations of the 1940s musical
- If you had to choose, which do you think was most important and
2. Find at least TWO different recordings of the SAME song from a Broadway music from the 1940s
- Can be revival productions (that is, more recent, not the original 40s performance/recordings)
- Post links if possible
- Which recording do you prefer?
- Why? (Be specific.)
3. Imagine that you could DREAM CAST a musical from the 1940s (i.e. cast any performers from any era/genre/field).
- Name the musical and
- At least FOUR characters from it and
- The performers you would cast
Name your dream cast and include a short paragraph on WHY this cast!