Discussion 1: Physical Security
Discussion 1: Physical Security
Discuss an organization’s need for physical security. What methods, approaches, and models can be used by organizations when designing physical security needs? Lastly, explain how these security measures will safeguard the organization.
Please make your initial post substantive. A substantive post will do at least TWO of the following:
· Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
· Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
· Provide extensive additional information on the topic
· Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
· Share an applicable personal experience
· Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
· Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Chapter 4 and past chapters discussed about operational security, like Spear Phishing. Aimed specifically at high-level corporate users whose credentials could be used for high-level attacks. Typically comes from a user that you think you know. Discuss why the social engineering method works and how.
You must do the following:
Create a new thread. As indicated above, please explain how DHS should handle the situation described in the preceding paragraph.
Research Paper: Develop a Computer/Internet Security Policy:
· Computer and email acceptable use policy
· Internet acceptable use policy
· Password protection policy
Make sure you are sufficiently specific in addressing each area. There are plenty of security policy and guideline templates available online for you to use as a reference or for guidance. Your plan should reflect the business model and corporate culture of a specific organization that you select.
Include at least 3 scholarly references in addition to the course textbook. The UC Library is a good place to find these references. At least two of the references cited need to be peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles from the library.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
• Be approximately four to six pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
• Follow APA6 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
• Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least three scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
• Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
· outsourcing IT.pdf (11.1 MB)
· IPsec Firewall Security Policy Analysis.pdf (141.007 KB)
Chapter 7, “Security”
Khelf, R., & G-Z, N. (2018). IPsec/Firewall Security Policy Analysis: A Survey. 2018 International Conference on Signal, Image, Vision and Their Applications (SIVA), 1. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1109/SIVA.2018.8660973
Chapter 10, “Information Systems Sourcing” pp. 224-234
Buhrendorf, E. (2019). Outsourcing IT is a money-saving cyber safety net for company data. Fairfield County Business Journal, 55(20), 12. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=shib&db=b9h&AN=136657455&site=eds-live